1/14/19

Justice (NOT)

I cannot believe how little of a priority assaults are to law enforcement.
I have had to fight tooth and nail just to get justice.

Justice for being sexually and physically assaulted.
It's just unbelievable to me.

How something that has such a profound effect on the victim, is just pretty much ignored by judges, police chiefs, and county attorneys.

My advocate told me that most cases are dropped after 48 hrs of not knowing where the perpetrator is.
Are you kidding me!

When I learned this it made me so angry. The fact that somebody can destroy someones life, and have it treated as if it's nothing.
No wonder people continue to rape people; they know there won't be a consiquence.

In our day and age, I just cannot believe this.
Crimes against women are treated as second class crimes.
How is that even possible?